With a custom domain, you can point your own web address ("www.yoursite.com" or "store.yoursite.com") to your Storenvy store.
Custom domains through third party registrars can be complicated, so this option is recommended for advanced users. (Or novices with tech-savvy friends!) Storenvy isn't able to offer support for most registrar-related issues.
- To start, visit the Plans tab in your Store Admin Panel and select one of the monthly subscription plans that includes this option.
- You'll need to have a domain from a registrar like GoDaddy, Register, DreamHost, Namecheap, easyDNS, Network Solutions, etc., so if you don't already own one, purchase it now.
- If you already had your domain setup for a different site (e.g. a blog) we strongly recommend resetting the settings to default before proceeding, because prior settings that are left on there can interfere with the new settings for Storenvy.
- Follow the registrar's instructions to point the domain's A Record (IP address) to 184.108.40.206 Please note, some DNS changes may work right away, but some may take up to three days to go into effect. Find detailed DNS instructions with your domain registrar.
- Verify that your domain name is pointing to Storenvy by typing it into your browser. You should be directed to the Storenvy site.
- In your Store Admin Panel, visit your "Storefront" tab, turn on your store, and set your custom domain to the one of your choosing.
- Please note, you do not have to touch or change your nameservers. Leave them as default.
- Once your domain is connected you can make your site secure by following these instructions.