Please note that if you opened your store after July of 2013 then you already have the Cooper theme (unless you specifically changed it) and there is no need to take any action to upgrade.
We put a lot of effort into designing and creating Cooper as the default theme to make your store and products shine! Some of the benefits of the Cooper theme are:
- Cooper is responsive. This means your store layout will resize to look amazing on different sized browsers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- The Cooper theme looks a lot cleaner and simpler than the old design, showcasing your products and your brand much more clearly.
- We've added a few features based on requests from store owners. For example, we added a drop-down menu for product variants.
- The homepage options allow you to choose to either show off product collections or individual products when a shopper first visits your store.
- We made it even easier to customize the theme so anyone can make basic changes with no confusion. We kept the full HTML and CSS editing functionality as well for those who like to make deeper changes.
- Did we mention that Cooper is completely free? Enjoy.
If you want an idea of how your store will look after you upgrade, check out our article here.