Sorry for the inconvenience! There are a few possible reasons for this, but the most common ones we see are:
- If the item price is $0 (before or after a discount code is applied) and you are only paying for shipping. In this case, please contact the store so they can change it for you. In paying for orders directly on Storenvy with your credit card, the item price must exceed $0.50.
- If you are trying to checkout from your own store to test it - PayPal does not let you checkout from yourself.
- If you are using a mobile device - some mobile browsers aren't supported. Checkout should work fine on mobile Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, however.
- If you are trying to checkout as a guest but using a card that is registered to an account (yours or someone else’s).
- If your card has been declined or does not have sufficient funds for all of the stores you are trying to make a purchase from.
- If you are trying to spread the cost over more than one PayPal gift card. (Note: PayPal will charge a $1 fee for every failed transaction using a gift card)
- If your address is not formatted in exactly the way our system needs it to be. Examples include additional or missing spaces (e.g SanFrancisco), abbreviations (e.g. St. Louis vs. Saint Louis), writing out the state instead of selecting it from the drop-down menu, if the whole address is too many characters, if the address is not written in exactly the way to match the way it is written on your credit card.
- If your name does not exactly match that on your credit card (e.g. John Smith vs. J. T. Smith).
- If many other people are trying to buy the same product at the same time as you this can cause server overload.
There are also quite a few other reasons, depending on the settings the store has setup with both our integrated checkout system powered by Stripe & with PayPal. Store owners can choose not to allow sales to customers in certain categories, including:
- If you are trying to ship to a different address than your billing address.
- If you aren't using a PayPal account
- If your address is 'unconfirmed' or not on your PayPal account.
- If the transaction is deemed 'risky' by PayPal.
- If you aren't paying in US dollars
- If your shipping address is in a country the store doesn't want to ship to.
- If the store simply isn't setup correctly for this type of transaction - stores need to have a business and a connected Stripe account or premier account with PayPal in order to accept payments via Storenvy
You can contact the store directly to see if they can change their settings for you.
If you are buying items from multiple stores at once, it is most likely that the problem is only with one of the stores. If you try to checkout with items from just one store at a time, you will almost certainly be able to get the transaction to go through for at least some of the items you wanted.
If you try contacting the store and don't hear anything back, please send over the store URL to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check the store out and contact them if necessary.