Running an online store is not always easy. The Storenvy marketplace can help drive traffic and sales to your shop but it isn't a magic bullet.
Here are a few suggestions for simple things you can do to increase the success of your store yourself:
- Take better photographs - When a customer can't touch your products or see them in-person, your photographs become the most important way for a shopper to see what they're buying. At bare minimum, make sure they are clear, in-focus and in good light
- Take more photographs - We allow you 5 photographs per item and you should aim to use every one. Even the most simple product can probably be photographed from 2 different angles and you can always take a picture showing the product in use or in the setting the buyer would put it.
- Optimize your descriptions, title, tags etc. so search engines can find your products more easily.
- Market your store on free social media channels - An active presence on 1 or more social sites, such as facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, can make a huge difference to the number of visitors to your store if you do it right. Choose the platform depending on what fits your target market best.
- Be selective in what you sell - Too much choice actually means a shopper is less likely to buy and customers are expecting to see a store that specializes in a certain type of product. If your products don't fit a clear brand or category, shoppers will doubt the integrity of your items.
For more tips, we have an active facebook Community page for Store Owners where people are happy to share their experiences and advice.