How do I file a PayPal dispute?
If you have a PayPal account (and used it to pay)
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center.
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Click Item Dispute, then click Continue.
- Click Select Transaction ID.
- Change the dates to find the transaction you want to dispute.
- Click the Transaction ID associated with the payment.
- Click Continue, then follow the instructions.
If you paid on PayPal, but with their guest checkout method:
- Look up your Unique Transaction ID. Click here if you aren't sure where to find it
- Call up PayPal and tell them you want to file a dispute.
Once you have filed a dispute, you must escalate it to a claim in order to receive a refund. You have 20 days after filing the dispute to escalate it to a claim.
PayPal’s Toll Free Number is 1-888-221-1161 and PayPal Customer Service representatives are available from through , and .
Did you find this article helpful?